Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash

5 posters

Go down

Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash Empty Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash

Post by Ponee Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:39 am

Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash

Harare (AFP) - Angry depositors forced their way into a banking hall and attacked a manager in the Zimbabwean capital on Monday after the bank ran out of cash, witnesses said.

A witness, who refused to identify herself, said the depositors were waiting in a queue outside the bank in central Harare when a quarrel broke out with the manager at Allied Bank, one of several battling to pay out deposits.

"The bank manager confronted a customer in the queue who shouted at the manager querying where their money had gone," the witness said.

"The people got angry and started shouting at the manager and kicked the door of the banking hall where the manager had retreated. They scattered when a (bank) security (guard) fired teargas."

Another witness said he heard angry shouts and some thuds while he was standing across the road.
When AFP went to the scene, riot police were milling around the area, while shards of glass were strewn at the bank entrance.

Allied Bank chief executive Stephen Gwasira apologised for the incident blaming it on "prevailing cash shortages" and said the bank was "making aggressive efforts to address the challenges".

The bank is among several battling to stay afloat as Zimbabwe's economy continues on a downturn and the number of people still able to put savings in the bank are dwindling.

In recent weeks the bank has been limiting daily cash withdrawals to $50 (37 euros) resulting in queues at most of the bank's branches.

Police were not available for comment

http://news.yahoo.com/zimbabwe-customers-storm-bank-runs-cash-215209356.html

Last edited by Ponee on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash Empty Re: Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash

Post by Kevind53 Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:44 am

Yea, and they are going to RV their non-existent currency .... un huh ... sure. Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash 1656125192
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash Empty Re: Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Kevind53 wrote:Yea, and they are going to RV their non-existent currency .... un huh ... sure. Zimbabwe customers storm bank after it runs out of cash 1656125192
OMG KEVIN !!   WHAT DO WE DO NOW ????

I HOPE ALL THOSE NITWITS WHO ACTUALLY BOUGHT THE Z READ THIS !!
THEY MAY NOT HAVE TO GO TO THE STORE TO BUY TOILET PAPER FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW >>>>

SO KEVIN , YOU ARE PRETTY SMART : WHICH WORTHLESS CURRENCY SHOULD THE GOOOROOOS NOW PROMOTE ???  I SEE THEIR IDEAS IN THAT DEPARTMENT HAVE RUN DRY.   I VOTE FOR IRAN'S CURRENCY AND PERHAPS NORTH KOREA ??

ONE SIDE NOTE THOUGH I DON'T RECALL OKIE EVER PUSHING THE Z ??
MAYBE HE HAS HIS LIMITS ON HOW LOW HE ACTUALLY SETS THE BAR ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:03 pm

Man, it is a target rich environment. So many currencies in the toilet, so little time. Iran is definitely a possibility at almost 25K/usd. But maybe we could bring it closer to home, Venezuela's got to be near the top of the list with an inflation rate in the triple digits, North Korea would definitely be in the hunt, with their currency's real value at 1/60th the official value. Perhaps Argentina, they're not down the hole quite, but are definitely circling the drain. Hey, why not Syria? Maybe Yemen? Gosh there are so many guru worthy currencies.
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Kevind53 wrote:Man, it is a target rich environment. So many currencies in the toilet, so little time. Iran is definitely a possibility at almost 25K/usd. But maybe we could bring it closer to home, Venezuela's got to be near the top of the list with an inflation rate in the triple digits, North Korea would definitely be in the hunt, with their currency's real value at 1/60th the official value. Perhaps Argentina, they're not down the hole quite, but are definitely circling the drain. Hey, why not Syria? Maybe Yemen? Gosh there are so many guru worthy currencies.
GREAT LIST KEVIN !!!

GURUS AND PUMPERS ; ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:17 pm

I am one of those nitwits lol!! It was soooo cheap it doesn't really matter if it rv's or not. It will go into an album with the rest of this usless currency for my grandkids. I mean before this I sure as hell had not seen any ZWD, IQD or Dong so now my grandkids will! No biggie!
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:20 pm

alleyrose wrote:I am one of those nitwits lol!! It was soooo cheap it doesn't really matter if it rv's or not. It will go into an album with the rest of this usless currency for my grandkids. I mean before this I sure as hell had not seen any ZWD, IQD or Dong so now my grandkids will! No biggie!

BOOOOOO  !!!!
Are you going to buy any of those on Kevin's list ????

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:24 pm

LOL probably in the new year I will buy some yes. I mean if nothing else it's interesting to see other currencies of the world!
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstocker Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:48 pm

What is kind of sad is that I am in Africa on a relatively regular basis and my last trip was to Zim and as an after thought I asked my guide if I could get some Zim currency to take home and he said oh yeah hang on and walked back in with a pre banded stack of all the bills ready to go, he said it is such a novelty that he keeps the little bundles on hand for the American's that come through.  but yet the locals can't get their hands on it (its because its all here waiting to RV!!)
dinarstocker
dinarstocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:54 pm

Great to hear something real from the trenches !!!  Thanks for the update dinarstocker !!!
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:07 pm

dinarstocker wrote:What is kind of sad is that I am in Africa on a relatively regular basis and my last trip was to Zim and as an after thought I asked my guide if I could get some Zim currency to take home and he said oh yeah hang on and walked back in with a pre banded stack of all the bills ready to go, he said it is such a novelty that he keeps the little bundles on hand for the American's that come through.  but yet the locals can't get their hands on it (its because its all here waiting to RV!!)
It's my understanding that it's use was officially discontinued by the government after they were unable to control inflation. From my reading it's status is "suspended" with no plans to reinstate it any time soon. Any other currency is currently accepted as legal tender with most using the USD, Pound or Euro.
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BritishBulldog Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:13 pm

I don't get how a currency can have that many 000s to begin with...and then to be able to but a 100 trillion ZWD for like $10...even with six 0s taken off theres no way it could be worth more than a fraction of a cent IF it ever did RV
BritishBulldog
BritishBulldog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum